REVIEW: JORDANA POWDER BLUSH



Jordana Powder Blushes are not readily available in Australia. I actually picked mine up at a makeup shop called Cosmo Cosmetics. I know that they have a store in Parramatta and on on George Street in Sydney. They stock a lot of products that aren’t readily available in Australia. I don’t know where they come from and I also suspect that a lot of the high ends brands they stock are likely to be fakes.

I know that they can also be purchased from Beauty Joint.com.

I was lucky enough to purchase 4 of the Jordana Powder Blushes and I really must say that I have been very impressed with these blushes.

Read on for the full review. 



THE CLAIMS

Taken from Jordana’s website:

  • Color-True Tints for Cheeks
  • Face Looks Youthful & Refreshed  
  • Accentuates, Sculpts & Contours  
  • Velvety-Smooth Formula Blends Easily  


THE SHADES

I own 4 of the Jordana Powder Blushes:

  • Rose Silk (A matte light pink shade)
  • Blushing Rose (A mauve shade with a sheen to it)
  • Redwood (A red blush with an almost matte finish)
  • Coral Sandy Beach (A coral blush with an almost matte finish)


Rose Silk and Blushing Rose are easily the two shades that I use the most and Blushing Rose if my favourite. The mauve/purple tones of this blush suit my fair skin really well and it gives my cheeks a beautiful but subtle pop of colour. I am not usually one for wearing makeup according to the seasons (I say if you want to wear a deep lip in summer then go for it!) but I do find that I wear this blush more in the cooler seasons. 


 THE REVIEW

For cheap as chips blushes, these Jordana Powder Blushes are amazing.

I actually think of all my blushes, including the high end ones, The Jordana Powder Blush in Rose Silk is my most used blush of all time. It’s just a great pink every day shade that will go with almost every eye look. Blushing Rose is my favourite shade of the four that I own.

The texture is quite fine for a drugstore blush. I don’t get any fall out when I put my brush into the product and it applies smoothly and consistently. They are really easy to blend.

The Jordana Powder Blushes are also quite pigmented. I find that with Blushing Rose and Redwood, the two darker shades, I need to make sure that I am cautious about not to use too heavy a hand when I apply the colour to my cheeks.

Longevity is not the best on me but I would still say that it is ok when you consider the price of the product.

I know I mention this in just about every review I do (in my defence it is almost always relevant) but I have very oily skin. For more information about my colour matches, skin type and daily routine click here and it will open in another window.

On me, most blushes will have faded significantly by lunch time. This is definitely the case with these blushes. If I want colour going into the afternoon then I have to reapply. Most of the time, to be honest, I don’t bother because I am just at work and I don’t really mind if my blush has faded. My colleagues certainly don’t care. I wouldn’t reapply unless I had a client coming to see me or was going out after work (but let’s face it, I have a three year old and a baby on the way so that never happens!). Nonetheless, there’s no denying it. I have blushes that last longer.


THE COST

I have owned these for such a long time my memory of the cost has somewhat faded. My recollection is that they were $4.00AUD from Cosmo Cosmetics. I imagine that you will get them at a similar price on Beauty Joint.

This is excellent value for the product that you get.


THE WRAP UP

I love these blushes. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good quality but inexpensive blush. They have a good texture, are easy to blend, have great colour pay off and alright longevity. All for around $4.00.

If you can get yourself some of these blushes, don’t hesitate.