HAUL: SEPHORA AUS - IT COSMETICS, TARTE, BITE BEAUTY



There's a little story to accompany my haul.

A few weeks ago I had a disappointing experience at Sephora. Long story short what it amounted to was poor customer service and I lodged a complaint with Sephora. To be honest, it was very unlike me to bother. It’s probably only the second time I have ever bothered (I have been in customer service and I know that the staff are only human and everything isn’t going to be perfect all the time). What crossed the line for me this time was that I was in incredible pain at the time. I am in the third trimester of my pregnancy and my back was just….. unbearable. I shouldn’t have walked up there. It really is largely my fault. The problem is, I thought at the time that it would be the last opportunity I would have to go to Sephora before the baby was born so I stubbornly made my excruciating way from work to the shop, only to find that it was impossible to get served and to turn around and walk all the way back without buying anything.

So pregnant grumpy me got on my phone and sent through a complaint.

By way of apology, one of the managers arranged for me to have a complimentary makeup session. I didn’t think I would be able to take up the opportunity but as fate would have it I ended up back in the city and was able to book an appointment.

Although it was complimentary and I could have left with a fabulous face of makeup at no cost), of course I just had to spend some money.

I spent a total of approximately $90.00 and came away with three new products and three samples. 

Click on "Read More" for more details about my purchases.


It Cosmetics CC+ Radiance Ombre Blush (Colour Correcting + Anti-Aging Blushing Veil) from the Je Ne Sais Quois Collection.

It Cosmetics says this about the blush: Your gorgeous flush of color and radiance is just a brush stroke away with this innovative color correcting radiance Ombré Blush. The exclusive Je Ne Sais Quoi® shade transforms from matte to radiance and is formulated to bring out your individual healthy flush of color and glow! Perfect for all skin stones. Clinically proven, all day waterproof! Using your favorite IT Cosmetics® Brush, lightly dust over the apples of your cheeks using circular, upward sweeping motions. Apply to bare skin or on top of makeup for an instant flush or vitality-filled color, radiance and color correction.

Would you look at this pretty! I would be lying if I didn’t say that what really drew me to this blush was how pretty it looks in the pan.

I am wearing it for the first time today and it looks amazing, it lasting longer than every other blush I own (I know that’s a big claim to make on day 1 but I promise so far it is true) and it just looks like such a natural, brightening flush of colour on my cheeks. It might be love. I can’t wait to keep testing this and write a review.


Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in Grenache
I have been eyeing these off for months, ever since I saw Emily from Beauty Broadcast rave about them on her channel. It’s funny. Emily from Beauty Broadcast if my most trusted You Tuber. Her reviews are thorough, articulate and honest and she always looks beautifully put together without looking overdone. She is basically my makeup idol.  

Yet, every time I have purchased a lipstick on her recommendation, the lipstick has fallen short of my expectations. I think that we must have very different lips. Nonetheless, I can’t help myself. If she recommends something, I just want to buy it.

So buy it I did – the Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in Grenache. I actually swatched just about every colour that they had but I couldn’t help but think each time that I already had something similar in my lipstick collection. There didn’t seem to be any ‘unique-to-me’ shades. Grenache was the most unique to my collection which is why I ultimately chose it. It’s also a very pretty colour. When I swatched the lipstick, it was very glossy which makes me worry a little about the longevity. Nonetheless, I am very excited to try out my first Bite Beauty Lipstick.


Tarte High Performance Naturals Mini Duo in How Sweet It Is

This was an impulse purchase I made on my way to the registers. I wasn’t too sure about it, but when I swatched the little blush I decided that I would have to try it.

The Tarte How Sweet It Is mini duo kit contains a mini blush in the shade sweet and mini Lipsurgence Liptint in the colour Sweet.

Both of them are a very pale pink with a lot of gold shimmer through them. The blush reminded me a little of Nars Orgasm but it is a very pale pink (rather than a very bright pink) and is far more glittery.

Again, the Lipsurgence Liptint is quite glossy and so I will be interested to see what it’s longevity is like. I know that glittery blushes can emphasise pores (something I have a real issue with) but I just couldn’t help myself, it looked so pretty I had to have it.


Samples: Marc Jacobs Genius Gel and the Cover FX Calming Primer

When I had my makeup application, the lady doing my makeup used a combination of the Cover FX Calming Primer and the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel. She said that she chose these two products because I had told her when we first started talking that my skin had been playing up a little with my pregnancy and instead of the usual oil slick I have actually been getting some dryness in different areas.

I was a little worried particularly about the foundation. It is water based and has “gel” in the title – definitely to sorts of things I would normally avoid with skin like mine.

I was pleasantly surprised however. It looks flawlessly natural when applied, certainly better on initial application that any other foundation I own.

So, I asked for a sample pot of both the products to try out at home and see how it held up to a typical daily routine. With a price tag like the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel, I want to know it’s going to last through an entire work day before I commit to spending that much money.


Samples: It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream

I have been thinking about this cream for quite a long time. I like to use a BB Cream when I am just going to do the groceries or go to the shipping centre or do something similarly mundane where no one really is going to be looking at me and I could just wear no makeup if I didn’t enjoy applying it so much.

I usually use the Maybelline BB Cream (better match to my undertones) or the Garnier BB Cream (better longevity) (or a combination of both - in an attempt to get the best of both worlds).

All of the positive reviews of this product mention that this product had good coverage and good staying power for a product of its type but I have read very mixed reviews about how it applies on oily skin. It also costs a small fortune for what it is and so I want to know that it is pretty bloody special before I spend that much money on it. So I was matched to the shade Light and now I just need to find the right opportunity to test it and see how it performs.