MINI HAUL: MILANI COLOLR STATEMENT LIPSTICKS

Would you look at these beauties! Milani Color Statement Lipsticks in Naturally Pretty, Plumrose and Uptown Mauve. 

I have been watching YouTube videos and reading reviews of the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks for longer than I can remember. In all the reviews I have ever read/seen, people seem to rave about them. Cora from Vintage or Tacky on YouTube claims that they are the best reasonably priced lipstick available and that they are in fact better than a lot of the high end lipsticks that she owns.

That's a pretty glowing recommendation.

For years I have been looking at these online, adding them to carts and then never actually buying them. I think this is partly because I know I have enough lipsticks and partly because I can't help but feel that I would prefer to swatch things myself before I take the leap and purchase them.

Anyway, clearly, I took the leap and purchased them!

It was very exciting to finally receive them in the mail.

I have been very suck recently and haven't left the house, so definitely no makeup for me.

I have however, put all three on my lips just to see what they look like. The colours are beautiful and so opaque. I have only worn it one so time will tell but I think that Naturally Pretty might be my perfect "my lips but better" colour.

I did notice a few negatives that I wasn't expecting - they applied quite patchily. They sort of dragged across my lips and then when I removed the bullet from my mouth there were patches that had no lipstick on them at all. They also have that awful plastic smell some lipsticks get (Rimmel lipsticks - I'm looking at you). I also feel like they are going to have some transfer issues.

But, only time will tell. As I said, I have only put them on my lips once each and they haven't had a test run during a full day yet. So I am reserving judgment until I have tested them properly.

My enthusiasm is still high. I can't wait to take these babies on an outing and give the a proper test run.