HAUL: BOBBI BROWN, NARS, HOURGLASS, TOO FACED, COVERGIRL





I have been on a bit of a spending spree lately.

I tend to go through phases. Sometimes, I am just content watching You Tube videos and reading reviews but when it comes to actually buying anything I just feel a bit… meh *shrugs shoulders*. Nothing calls my name.

Then I will somehow enter into a new phase – a buying phase – where I feel an imperative to own everything I see and read about and to hell with the cost (well, not entirely, but you know what I mean).

The last couple of week have been one of those buying phases and the result is small but satisfying collective hall primarily from Mecca Maxima aka makeup heaven.


 


BOBBI BROWN CORRECTOR: BISQUE

Image from Bobbi Brown website

This was a repurchase for me. I love this stuff so much, you have no idea. Holy grail material for my dark circles. My first one ran out and I couldn’t wait to buy another. I’m not sure exactly how long the first one lasted, probably close to a year and I use it daily. That’s $40.00 well spent. You can read my review of this product here.


NARS BRONZER: LAGUNA

Image from Mecca Website


This was a new one. For two years I have been watching and reading reviews this one and seeing it used over and over again in tutorials. Every time I have seen it I have thought – I must have that in my life. I then proceed to do absolutely nothing about it.

To be fair though, I did have another bronzer by Revlon I was using which did the trick really well and so it was easy to talk myself out of spending the money.

When my Revlon bronzer finally gave up I had the perfect excuse and I rushed off immediately to purchase Nars Laguna.

I have only been using for two weeks and so far I must say that I love it. It isn’t as dark as my previous one but I do find that it gives my pale skin a nice warm glow.


NARS AUDACIOUS LIPSTICK: VERA




Vera is on the right. Anna is on the left.

Vera is a beautiful bright raspberry colour.

Beautiful. Stunning. Everything that is wonderful. What more can I say?


NARS AUDACIOUS LIPSTICK: ANNA



Anna is swatched on the right. A lovely muted mauve colour.

Beautiful, Stunning. Everything is wonderful. What more can I say?

Anna is my perfect, every day colour hands down.

Do you notice a theme here? I think that these might be my new lipstick obsession. I just want more!


HOURGLASS AMBIENT LIGHTING BLUSH: 
MOOD EXPOSURE




This was totally an impulse purchase and a very expensive impulse purchase at that.

But it was ….

Worth. Every. Cent.

Ah. I can’t even describe how much I love this blush. I knew it would be good. I have the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette and I think that it might be the best and the most favourite product that I own. The powders are so finely milled, barely detectable on the skin but just make me glow.

This blush is no exception. It’s such a lovely natural colour and at the same time it gives my skin a beautiful airbrushed sort of finish. Love.


TOO FACED CHOCOLATE BAR PALETTE: 
SEMI-SWEET




Weird story. I actually went into Mecca Maxima at the QVB Building and asked for the original Chocolate Bar Palette. The sales assistant pulled one out of the cabinet, wrapped it up, I paid for it and off I went. When I opened it up in the morning, shock horror, I had the Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette.

So I packed it all back up again and planned to return it to Mecca the next day and replace it with the original.

Then a funny thing happened, on the way to work I started reading reviews about the Semi –Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette and the more and more I read the less and less certain I was that I wanted to return it.

I went back to Mecca on my lunch break and looked at the two palettes side by side and guess what? I decided to branch out and keep the Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette. In the end, I thought that the darker colours were more up my alley and more unique to my collection.

I have only used the palette twice so the jury is still out. I can already say that it doesn’t complete to my Lorac Pro Palette in terms of the quality and longevity of the eye shadows. I still need to use it for a little longer before I can reach a firm opinion on this palette.


COVERGIRL READY SET GORGEOUS: 
CONCEALER 115 - 120


I love the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous foundation. Seriously. I think it easily competes with my high end foundations for one of the best foundations that I own.

So when I popped into Priceline on my work lunch break I couldn’t do anything else but purchase it.

Plus, my Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer (NW20) is quickly approaching empty and as much as I love it and doubt I will ever find a better concealer, I did think that it might be useful to find a good drugstore concealer that I can use on those days when I don’t need to look my best.

I haven’t used this yet but I will put up a review when it has been tried and tested. 

That's it for my collective haul. I can only hope that there will be another one soon.